The Institute for the Study of Sexual Identity (ISSI) was established at Regent University in Virginia Beach, Virginia, in the spring of 2004. The mission of ISSI is to further our understanding of sexual identity, its development and synthesis, and to be a resource to students in training and those in the community who are stakeholders in these discussions. We do this through research, training, and clinical services/consultations. ISSI has core team members and affiliates. Core team members are graduate students in the School of Psychology and Counseling at Regent University. ISSI also has affiliates who are either students in the Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision program at Regent or professionals in the community who collaborate with ISSI on various projects.
ISSI Core Team Members
Dr. Mark Yarhouse (Executive Director), Charity* (Scholar Assistant), Holly (Teaching Assistant), Rebecca* (Research Assistant), Kristina, Emma, Ashley, Thomas, Melissa (Scholar Assistant), Tranese, and Ashley.
Ph.D. CES Affiliates: David Colpitts, Janelle Hallman
* Web site contributing editors.
Current ISSI Affiliates
- Cornelius Bekker, Dlitt. et Phil, Associate Professor, Regent University
- Heather Brooke, PsyD, Clinical Coordinator, Abuse Treatment and Prevention Program mercyFirst, New York
- Trista L. Carr, PsyD, Psychological Associate & Postdoctoral Resident, Childerston & Associates, Maryland
- Janet Dean, PhD, Clinical Director of the Center for Counseling, Asbury College
- Stanton L. Jones, PhD, Provost & Professor of Psychology, Wheaton College
- Stephen Stratton, PhD, Associate Professor of Counseling & Pastoral Care, Asbury College
- Gary Strauss, PhD, Professor of Psychology, Rosemead School of Psychology
- Erica S. N. Tan, PsyD, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Portland DBT, Oregon
- Warren Throckmorton, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychology & Fellow, Psychology and Public Policy, Grove City College